Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lots going on

Lots has been happening the last week!

Emily started swim lessons this week, she is doing great. I really like the Y for lessons and she has a great teacher. I get to put Cooper in the play area and take Emily to lessons and not worry about him which is great!

Cooper has been taking himself to the potty the last few days and doing it all. He still has accidents but I am hoping this is even another step in the right direction.

Both of our caterpillars are in cocoons now...I wonder if they will ever turn into Moths. I guess we will find out soon enough.

T and I have been getting to the Y a few times now to work out. It has been nice to be able to work out together. Also we have been going on Sundays after Church to family swim time and the kids love it. Emily especially loves the slide that they have that goes into the deep end.

The weather has not been all that great the last week although today it did get up into the 70s. Now that Emily is out of school I am planning on getting them out in the morning for some fun trips. On that note Emily graduated from Preschool this year last Tuesday. Don't really have much for great pictures because well she didn't do anything at her graduation. They had this cute little concert all made up and Emily did not participate in any way she just sat or stood there while everyone else sang and danced. The teachers said this is what they are really focusing on now. We know she new most of the songs and motions because she sings and dances to them at home but she was just so scared...she looked like she was going to cry the whole time.

We have been doing a heavy change over in what we eat in this house. I am starting to figure out what food cause me to break out (this is not because I am allergic to them but they suppress my thyroid function) The foods that I can't eat are labeled goitrogens, some of them I can eat as long as they are cooked thoroughly. The kids have been taking pretty well to the healthier food lifestyle I thought it would be harder. Emily has been really good with the rule that she must try at least one bite of every new food. as long as we don't egg her on to eat more if she doesn't like the food. She has been trying so many new things. Cooper still has to have most of his red meats hidden in yogurt. Gross I know but it works and he doesn't really seem to notice.

Oh and Emily can now buckle herself into her carseat! I personally am so excited cause now I don't have to go over to her side of the car to get her in!

I know there is more to talk about but the little man is up!

No comments: