Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where is the rain!

Well it was suppose to rain for the this whole week but today was beautiful. After the kids got up from there nap we headed down to the park and had a picnic. While the kids were sleeping Including Tony I made two full meals to have for lunches this week and then cleaned out the outdoor closet did some gardening and washed the outside of the car and cleaning the inside of the car. The park was great until the sun hid behind the clouds and then it got very cold but still fun.

Cousin Allen came over last night for dinner. I grilled a flat iron steak, we had grilled potatoes, pasta, carrots and brownies for desert! Very yummy. The kids loved having him over. They really wore him out!! It was nice to have someone entertain the kids while I cooked.



I think his tan from Arizona is pretty mild this year! Don't you! Haha! Cooper needs to work on his tan

Emily will be starting physical therapy for her knee. I just got the referal in the mail and will be giving them a call on Monday.

Oh and we now have a pet caterpillar! I saw him climbing up the house when we got home today and took it off for Emily to see. I don't know if you remember my post from last summer but she loves...LOVES caterpillars. She was so excited! I decided to tell her we could keep it so we busted out our old fish bowl. When down to the end of the townhouse row and let the kids pick out some trees, rocks, leaves... to put in the bowl for the caterpillar to use and made him/her a little home. After doing that I went out to the front and hunted down what I think is the plant that it eats...well more like a weed. Anyway it was the only thing close to where we found it that had chew marks on the leaves. So I pulled a few and then potted them in two of Emily's tea cups. So here are a few pictures.


You may already know this but if you can't see the caterpillar if you click on the picture you get a bigger view!



The other day Cooper and I woke up and what do we see! A very large Daddy long leg. Cooper was ecstatic! He loved it. After letting him drool over it for a few minutes I took a few pictures and then let him loose outside. After doing this I see Cooper at the sliding door with a whimper saying "bye, bye daddy long spider man!!" It was so adorable. He really had a hard time parting with the spider.

So here is Mr. Daddy long spider man!

No comments: