Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th Of July

We had friends over last night for the 4th. We had BBQ around 6 and then let the kids play until fireworks at 10. Emily and Ava enjoyed wearing other shoes around the house and going down the slide on the deck. The boys...the adult dad's in other words enjoyed playing some hockey on the x-box. We gave Emily and Ava suckers for a treat and they loved it. I loved when Ava tried dipping her sucker it the bean dip...she wasn't a fan of that! At 9:30 we headed out to walk down to the beach to watch fireworks. It was fun watching from the beach down the way from us because we could see the fireworks from at least 5 different locations. Non of the big firework displays were close enough to really get the heart pounding feeling but they were very beautiful to look at. There were a select few fireworks that were going off on the beach by us that were very loud and scared Emily a little. Cooper spent the whole night watching fireworks curled up in a ball on Tony's lap half asleep it was very cute. I of course forgot the camera so I don't have a picture. Here are all the pictures I took last night.


Helping Emily eat hers.


O.K. I am on a mission to get a recording of Cooper doing this but he puts his head down on the floor and skoots (with is head still down) all around the floor. It is so funny to watch. Here is a picture to get an idea of what it might look like. I will hopefully be able to get a recording of him in action!


And that is it for pictures. I am usually a lot better at getting pictures but I just forgot last night.

No comments: