I have blogs that are in progress with lots of pictures of what we have been doing but there are two things I want to write about before I forget. It has been a full filled two days of doctor visits. Last night after going out to eat with distant relatives on my moms side we arrived home around 9:30 p.m. I went to put Cooper to bed and was holding him with one arm (he was basically sitting on my right arm) when he decided to whip his head back leading to him falling on the floor head first. The scariest thing I have ever seen happen to either of my kids. He screamed and screamed and wouldn't walk at first which prompted us to take him to E.R. Long story short he is seems to be o.k. although the chiropractor says he is a little bit out of adjustment! Cooper has also been sheduled for his (hopefully) final CT scan for his head. He was suppose to go in back in May we were trying to avoid it but the Neurosurgeon really wants him back in. So Tomorrow Thursday I will be taking him in, in the morning.
Now for today. Emily was pulling her Velcro on her sandals today and screamed out in pain. For over an hour she would not take her right arm away from her body. I had a flashback to a month ago when a very similar situation came up where she was favoring her right arm and would hold it up against her body. She wouldn't let us touch her arm and was just none stop crying. I got out our "ouchie cream" neosporine and asked her where to put it and she pointed to her forearm so I put some their called the pediatrician and set up an appointment. While on the phone with the nurse I tried to lift Emily's arm above her head; got about halfway up, and she screamed louder then I have ever heard out her. proceeded to ice her arm while waiting for the appointment time. within 10 minutes or so she was back to normal using her arm playing. Still thinking something might be up we decided to take her in anyway...The doctor is pretty certain she had something called "Nursemaid Elbow". She believes that when Emily had her bout of pain a month ago that she had dislocated her elbow and being that she favored her arm for such a long time the first time around she thinks that it may not have moved back into position for a while. luckily this time around my moving her arm above her head popped her arm back into place. She is fine now but they want me to bring her in if this ever happens again as it could be signs of a larger problem since it has happed twice so close together. Here is some good info about the problem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nursemaid's_elbow
http://www.babycenter.com/0_nursemaids-elbow-pulled-elbow_11244.bc
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment