Friday, October 3, 2008

Thursday Happenings

So we started yesterday with Tony dropping me and the kids off at the mall while he goes to fix the van. So the kids and I spent three and a half wonderful hours cruising the mall while Tony fixed the sliding doors on the van and replaces some bushing. The bushing were getting replaced one cause they were loose and we were hoping that it would solve the rattling noise in our van. No such luck yet although there is another set of bushing that might also be causing the rattle so on his five day he will be back in to look at that.

Went home let the kids take a nap went to swim lessons while Tony and Cooper went back home. Swim lessons were going great, Emily has really opened up in the water playing around; clinging less to the wall. Well five minutes before the end of class Emily fell off the platform and was struggle to get out of the water for air. She struggled in the water for almost 45 second before her swim instructor was able to get to her. I was screaming and clapping and doing whatever I could to get the lifeguard, or swim instructor or anyone for that matters attention to get Emily "please, someone help, get her, get her; get my daughter" See the lifeguard couldn't see the preschool kids lessons from where she sat and Emily's swim coach was out in the pool doing kick with another boy so there was no-one by the little kids at all.

I have talked to the manager of the pool and they will now have the lifeguard placed by the kids swim lessons for the next sessions. And they will be talking about the platform, the location and really the situation in a whole as this is the first time this has happened during swim lessons.

I will be taking Emily to lessons on Tuesday and see if she will go into the water. The manager of the pool will also be giving us passes for open swim so that one of us can be in the water with her to help her if there are any fears that she has with going back in. I am just hoping that Emily doesn't get a fear of the water that she is not able to overcome.

although I do feel that at this place they will be way better during swim lessons and that this most likely wont happen again to Emily I do not think I will be having her get lessons there anymore. I will however try and get her into swim lessons at a pool close by that has a shallow end (more shallow then a standard pool) where at the deepest depth she is still able to stand on her feet and have her head above. We took her in last night to the ER as a precaution she had the hiccups for just about an hour last night which was a great sign, her body natural defense/healing from the incident. Her oxygen level was a little low but nothing major. We have to keep an eye on her for the next 5 days or so for pneumonia...but as of this morning she is back to her crazy, energetic, happy self!

1 comment:

Cassia said...

I dont know how you managed to not go crazy after 3 1/2 hrs at the mall. I would be going stir crazy if it was me. Though my nerves have been getting frazzled rather easily as of late. Sorry to hear the van is still making a rattling noise. We rented a caravan when we drove out to Ca last time. About 300 miles into the trip it started making this howling noise. I thought we were going to go crazy. It did it all the way to Ca and all the way back. I was so happy that we rented and didn't buy. Turns out that is common on dodge vehicles and alot of people have to deal with it. I cant see spending 25-30K on a car that annoys the crap outta ya. I hope that the other set of berrings being replaced clears it up for you guys.

Thats terrible about Emily. I hope that she is OK in the water still and able to keep on learning.