Picture this...
Your just driving down the road being followed by a police officer. Making sure your going the speed limit, signaling correctly, doing all that is right. When all of a sudden the sirens go on and you are being pulled over. You think crap I didn't do anything wring did I?!? Officer comes to your car door and says "do you know why you have been pulled over?" you say "No I do not" Officer says "I'm going to need you to step out of the car please" where the officer then escorts you to the back of their squad car.
You ask why this story? Why it is because this is what happened to me this morning! Very long story of which I can explain more later. But apparently I stole a vehicle! There you go! I'm a fellon!
* So here it goes I was being followed by a police officer for just over a mile the other day when his lights went on and I pulled over. He asked me if I knew what I did wrong and I said no. He then asked me to step out of the vehicle and escorted me to his squad car...this is when I said I have my son in the car and he says don't worry they will take care of him. I am thinking "they??". Anway I am put in the back of the car and in comes about 4 more squad cars one of which the person takes Cooper and puts him in his car next to the one I am in. (it was just me and Cooper...as Emily was in school) 10 or so minutes into this experience they finally gave me an clue as to what was happening. Basically the car that we bought two weeks ago was last marked through the police as being sold back in November. There was no name in there system as to who owned the vehicle so they assumed that I stole it. I of course had no registration because we just bought the van and it is still being processed. All I had was proof of insurance. Lots of radio-ing (is that a word!) in and an hour later I am free to go. No opologies or anything. I was not home for Emily to get droped off at home from school so I had to go pick her up from school. I had a great audience of people who lived in the apartment complex that I pulled into and now have a track record..haha just kidding! So there you go! Lock your car doors if you live in my neighborhood ;) !!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! What ended up happening and did you have the kids with you? I cant even beging to imagine. But I hope you get it all worked out quickly.
What a horrible thing to have happen! Especially to take your baby from you. Just proves that we live in a sick world that anyone can be considered a criminal. Even someone as honest as you!
Post a Comment