Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New window, swim lessons, contacts and the list goes on.

We have been busy these last few days and have more to come in the next days.

Last Sunday Alan came over and watched the kids for a few hours at night so Tony and I could have a date night. The kids were excited to see him and so were we...lol. Anyway I think everything went well with the kids as Alan didn't run out of the house screaming. The kids were sad to see him go. We are hoping to have him over for dinner sometime soon and of course a game or so of cards (well Tony is hoping for a few games).
We are headed in to the dealer where we bought the van for them to replace the windshield as they sold it to us with 7 cracks/nicks in it. So I have a bag of toys and will be packing the double jogger and I think we are going to go for a walk as it will take a good 2+ hours for them to replace it.

Emily also has swim lessons starting up again tonight. She is super excited she already has everything packed so we will be heading there after getting the window replaced.

Yesterday I went in to get set up with contacts. I was surprised to walk out with my trial pair. I wore them for 4 hours yesterday but I can't say much about them yet other then they didn't hurt. Most of yesterday my eyes were dilated so I didn't see well either way. I have had them in for just about an hour today and well I can see enough to type on the computer. The prescription seems right on it is just a matter of getting use to being able to see all angles and directions so things look a little strange at the moment.
Went out for my first MOPS moms night out last night which was fun. We headed to Claim Jumpers and all had desert and lots of talking. The drive there and back was interested as we have been having bad foggy weather the last few days. We left fairly early as to avoid the freezing of the fog that has been happen. Our church is planning on starting MOPS next year but I don't think we will be able to attend that one since it is so far away as I already have to leave early with Cooper at the one down the road to get home in time for Emily to be dropped off from school. We will see though because here school time might change next year.

I had my second round of x-rays since the accident and there has been very, very little change in my back. I figured as much as I have not felt much better but per insurance request he did the x-rays. The ligaments in my next still have not healed yet and from what I understand that needs to happen before we will see any good changes in my alignment.

And now for some pictures

One of Emily's many times waking up at night.


The both fell asleep

This is the next day mid-day...all three of them went down for a nap.

Tony on the couch, Cooper in his bed and Emily in the recliner chair. I love how she made her own little bed.


This doesn't look very comfy!

Another middle of the night wake up call curtesy of Emily!

Bubbles in the sink!


And Bubbles in the hair, this is how we do baths now! :)


Lots and lots of bubbles!

1 comment:

Cassia said...

No Emily's sleeping position does not look comfortable! Its amazing the ways kids sleep. I would wake up unable to move seeing how Phedora sleeps most nights.

How did it go with the windsheild? I hope the kids were good.

Its so nice to hear that Emily is so excited for swimming and she wasn't affected by the near drowning. Kids are so resiliant.

Mom's nights out are good. Our moms group is going out on the 30th I think. If Dan's home I am going to go. But alas he'll probably be out of town.

We will have to go bowling when we get home. The kids loved it. I'm thinking about doing Phedora's b-day party at the bowling alley. Change it up a little bit.

Legoland was fun but I like Disneyland much more. I could go to Disney over and over. I dont think that I need to go back to Legoland. You guys will have to try and go sometime though. It was fun.