Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Coloring Eggs Attempt #1

So we started with only seven eggs, one cracked in the carton, another one cracked putting it into the water so we are left with five. Go to color the eggs and the spoon that comes with the coloring kit is too big...silly me doesn't check this first crack goes another egg. And remember for some reason unknown to us we cannot and I mean CANNOT hard boil eggs in this house. It doesn't work I can't figure it out!!!!!!!!! So when the eggs cracked even though being on the stove for well over 25 minutes in very hot water they were nice and goey! Have I mentioned yet we miss having homemade egg salad sandwiches! :( O.k. back on track so now after having an egg fall through the spoon we where then able to dye 4 eggs, one blue, one red, one yellow, and one green. So we thought! After 10 minutes in the water they ended up looking like this!

Wont be buying that kit again!

Emily enjoyed coloring the eggs, she did seem to have a favorite as you can see!


Emily then wanted to show me one of her eggs while I was in the kitchen and this is what happened!



And then there were Three!


She had a lot of fun and is actually still decorating the eggs as I type. It has been well over an hour.

Here is how we entertained Cooper during the egg coloring!


2 comments:

Cassia said...

Thats cute. Looks like Emily had a great time none the less.

How to boil eggs 101.

Take your pan and put your eggs in.
Cover your eggs with COLD water.
Place on stove over high heat.
Bring to a rapid boil.
Cover pan with a lid and remove from heat.
Set timer for 15 and walk away.
Rinse with cold water after timer goes off.
Perfect every time.

I hated making boiled eggs. They always cracked while they were boiling away. I love this way and they are perfect every time.

Seattle Salerno Stories said...

OMG, that is the cutest video of Cooper. You are so good at teaching your kids important skills like anticipation! Coopers giggle is wonderful.