Saturday, November 15, 2008

Emily's Arm

Emily and I ended up in the doctors office again two days ago as her right elbow became dislocated yet again. This is now the third time since June that this has happened. The pediatrician has sent in a referral for Emily to see an orthopedic doctor. She has seen many kids who have dislocated their elbows (nursemaids elbow) many times but has not had a child dislocate the same elbow this many times in such a short period of time so she would like us to get an ortho's opinion. Luckily all three times it has been easy for us to pop her elbow back into place and she has bounced back very well. This last didn't need to happen I honestly forgot about the previous incidents and was spinning the kids around in circles in the living room like I use to do as a child. And the next thing we know she is screaming in pain. I feel especially awful for her this time since I should have known better to do it but I did it to Cooper once and well that turned into more and more and more.

That same morning I went into the allergy specialist regarding my breaking out in hives every day. They told me that I have Chronic Urticaria which is an autoimmune problem. Have researched a little and found that it is most likely related to my thyroid problem that I have had my whole life. Will be doing a lot more research in hopes to figure out what the true cause it to the breakouts.

No comments: